Montgomery County Detention Facility
Provide all engineering, procurement and construction services required to furnish and install detention equipment.
The Montgomery County Detention Facility contains approximately 170,000 SF of new construction and approximately 18,000 SF of remodeled existing space. The new facilities include a 696-bed inmate housing unit built on the property across the street from the existing jail. A pedestrian walkway connects the two buildings, complete with a new elevator and stair tower attached to the existing detention facility. Designed with security in mind, the housing unit utilizes panelized steel cells arranged in multi-level pods around a dayroom that is overlooked by a central control room. Additionally, a vehicular sally port, intake transfer and release, administration, master control, medical and command center spaces are also incorporated into the design. Intricate electrical and mechanical systems are also included due to the nature of the facility.
- Security hollow metal doors and frames.
- Security hollow metal wall panel systems.
- Concrete filling of all cell wall panels.
- Security plumbing and light fixtures in cells.
- Floor of mezzanine level cells and mezzanine walkways comprised of steel decking and concrete overlay.
- Steel stairs and rails at mezzanine walkways.
- Security hollow metal ceiling panel systems.
- Security hardware and locking devices.
- Security glazing.
- Security furnishings and accessories.
Bell & Associates Construction, L.P.
Bell & Associates Construction, L.P., is a full-service, award-winning general construction company with a national reputation for the successful delivery of projects by providing Construction Management and General Contracting services. They build justice facilities, high-rise structures, commercial buildings, institutional facilities, bridges and highways across the Southeastern United States to award-winning standards.