Wheel Forging Plant in Mexico
Design-Build of “grass roots” plant for the production of wheel rims for trucks and trailers. Project received the owner’s highest safety award.
Design-Build of “grass roots” plant for the production of wheel rims for trucks and trailers.
- Equipment installation including automated conveying lines, two 8,000 ton and one 15,000 ton forging presses, heat treating ovens, robotic positioners, automated machining centers and finishing equipment
- Civil – Included building and all utility installation
- Complete electrical package
- Supervised local labor for all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural work. This also included supervising paving, substation installation, zero discharge water treatment system and the finish-out of the office building
- Supervised safety, quality control, subcontract pre-qualification process, scheduling, budget estimating and complete contract administration
Alcoa Wheel Products Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Alcoa Wheel Products is a worldwide producer of forged aluminum disc wheels and accessories for heavy duty trucks, buses, motorhomes, pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles, recreational vehicles and motorcycles. For heavy trucks, they manufacture forged aluminum wheels that are strong, corrosion-resistant and lightweight.