Fort Bend County Jail Expansion and Renovation
Provide all engineering, procurement and construction services required to furnish and install detention equipment.
The Fort Bend County Jail Expansion and Renovation includes a 213,000 SF addition of jail space and 40,000 SF of renovation to the original jail facilities, as well as a new connector attaching the expansion to the old facility. The nine-story tower includes an additional 1,008 beds to provide relief from over-crowding at the existing jail, as well as a monitoring and control center for the jail compound. The project also included updating the jail’s security technologies and amenities, increasing safety, security and efficiency through direct supervision operating methods, and renovating the administrative offices, kitchens and laundry rooms in the jail’s current tower.
- Security hollow metal doors and frames.
- Security hollow metal wall panel systems.
- Concrete filling of all cell wall panels.
- Security plumbing and light fixtures in cells.
- Floor of mezzanine level cells and mezzanine walkways comprised of steel decking and concrete overlay.
- Steel stairs and rails at mezzanine walkways.
- Security hollow metal ceiling panel systems.
- Security hardware and locking devices.
- Security glazing.
- Security furnishings and accessories.
Turner Construction Company
Turner Construction Company is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. With a staff of 5,200 employees who work on more than 1,200 projects each year from branch offices all over the country, they offer clients the accessibility and support of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.