New Wallboard Manufacturing Plant
National Gypsum Company constructed a new manufacturing plant that consists of the latest technology that produces gypsum wall board up to 600 lf per minute.
Construct the synthetic gypsum reclaim and conveyor handling system, as well as erect and install the process mill building for a new gypsum wallboard manufacturing plant.
- Construction of an intricate, cast-in-place concrete truck dump hopper and reclaim tunnel (2,000 CYD of concrete)
- Erection of a 30,000 sq. ft. pre-engineered building for waste board reclaim operations
- Assembly and erection of approximately 1,200 lf of FGD material handling conveyors and affiliated transfer towers
- Erection of 1,100 tons of structural steel for the process mill building
- Assembly and installation of all the process equipment associated with the mill building, which included:
- 1,650 tons of material storage silos and feed bins
- (7) pneumatic conveying transporters
- 1,000 lf of drag chain and screw conveyors
- (3) process IMP mill systems, each with a with pre-heater, hammer mill, double cone classifier, cyclone collector and double duct collection system
- (1) Flash Drying Cage mill system that includes drying column, cyclone collector, secondary dust collector, vent fan, and connective duct work
- 500 lf of large diameter exhaust ductwork
National Gypsum Company
Mt. Holly, NC
National Gypsum is one of the largest gypsum board producers in the world. Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, the company is a full-line supplier, recognized in the industry for customer service and product quality.