Sugar Plant Major Modernization and Expansion
CCC Group’s scope consisted of several concurrent contracts for the major modernization and expansion project at U.S. Sugar. Due to the nature of this project, it had a significant process piping scope of work.
- Directed self-performance of all major construction disciplines
- Fabrication and erection of 5,000+ tons of steel structures and pipe racks
- Placed 10,000 cu.yds of concrete
- Installed 93,000 LF of pipe
- Process equipment installation consisting of over 100 process pumps (ranging in horsepower from 10 HP to 600 HP), condensers, tanks, evaporators, vacuum pumps, crystallizers, reheaters, scales, conveyors, and heat exchangers (ranging in weight from 17 to 150 tons).
- Coordination of ten major specialty subcontractors
United States Sugar Corporation is a technologically advanced agricultural and food manufacturing company which produces sugar and citrus products for a variety of national and global brands.